About Service Groups
Thank you for thinking to the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society for your organization's volunteer project.
Service groups are available to businesses, organizations, or high school/college academic or athletic groups who need to fulfill a volunteer requirement, are looking for a bonding activity or are just looking for a great way to give back.
- Service groups are scheduled in 2-hour time slots.
- You must schedule your service group a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, based on availability.
- Service groups are available Monday - Friday, and may start between the hours of 10am - 3pm.
- Time slots fill up quickly, so reserve your place soon!
We are not typically able to fulfill family service group requests.
We do not have court-ordered or diversion volunteer programs, so cannot fulfill any court-ordered or diversion program volunteer requests.
SERVICE GROUP ACTIVITIES
There are a variety of activities that service groups complete and they are based on the current needs of the shelter at the time of your visit.
The first hour of your service group may include
- Kennel cleaning
- Grounds cleanup
- Washing dishes and litter boxes
- Lobby cleaning
- Event preparation
- Treat preparation
The second hour of your service group may include
- Dog walking
- Cat cuddling & grooming
- Small animal socialization
REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
- Must be a business, organization or high school/college academic or athletic group
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- Must not be court-ordered or part of a diversion program
- Group Size: We ask that service groups be limited to groups of 10-12 at a time.
- Wear comfy clothes! You will be performing a variety of tasks while volunteering, so you may get dirty. We also ask for closed-toed shoes.
To schedule your service group, please contact Dana by email!