Why Adopt Art Contest
Calling all ages! We are inviting you to get creative and help us spread the word about being kind to pets in our community! Artwork will be shown in the SFAHS adoption hallway for visitors and pets to admire and enjoy.
The art show provides a great opportunity for participants to really think about what it means to be kind to animals, and express their values in a creative way. They’ll have a wonderful time creating art that will be shown with pride for everyone to see! All artwork will still be displayed at the shelter!
Entries accepted from anywhere! Deadline - May 12th
Open to ages 2-16 years
Winners in the following categories:
Winners announced May 13th
- Best Overall
- Best Use of Color
- Most Creative
Winners will be displayed in frames in our front office for 1 year! All other artwork will be in our adoption hallway.
Art Show Rules
- Submissions must have Participant Application attached to the back with glue or tape. Do not paper clip to the back.
- Entries from students can be submitted by school teachers or as individuals
- Entries should be completed by individual children. Group artwork cannot be accepted.
- Artwork must be 8.5” x 11”.
- Inclusion in the art show is based on the discretion of SFAHS.
- Entries must be original and free of copyright. No plagiarism, tracing, clip art or pre-illustrated computer art.
- Artwork may be submitted on paper. Any medium can be used to create your art piece including crayons, markers, pencil, or paint. You may use glue to add glitter, feathers, etc. to your piece.
- We ask for no digital or computer-created artwork for this art show, please.
- Your artwork must include an animal, and why it is important to adopt or telling people to adopt!
Don't have a printer? Write this information on the back of your drawing with pencil.
Sioux Falls Area Humane Society