- Tennis Ball
- 2 Pieces of Fleece (44" x 6")
- 1 Piece of Fleece (10" x 1")
- Use scissors to cut the fleece into 2 pieces measuring 44" by 6" and 1 piece measuring 10" x 1".
- Lay the 2 wide strips of fabric in the shape of an X and place the ball in the middle.
- Wrap the ball with all the layers and gather the strips at the bottom of the ball.
- Take your skinny strip and tie a tight double knot to secure the fabric around the ball. Now you should have four wide strips hanging from the base of your ball.
- Cut each of the four strips into three even sections. You will have 12 sections in total.
- Braid the 3 newly cut strips and knot it at the bottom. Repeat until you have 4 braids in total.
It is very important that the braids be tight. If the braids are too loose, we will be unable to give them to the cats due to safety issues, and they typically will not hold up well in the washer.