Plan A Tour
Tours & School Visits
See how we care for and house the thousands of animals that come to our shelter every year.
Learn why we work so hard to get the animals that come to our facility adopted out to good homes.
Tours and school visits must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance of the requested tour date.
The maximum number of people on a scheduled tour is 15 people.
Tours are only available Mondays through Fridays and depend on availability.
What To Expect
- When you arrive at the shelter, you will learn a little bit about the history to the SFAHS
- You will go on a tour of the adoption center! You will get to see our front office adoption area, adoption kennels, get acquainted rooms, and feline friends room!
- Q&A Time. You will have a chance to ask any questions you may have about the SFAHS and we will answer to the best of our ability.
- If there is time and we have a suitable animal for your age group, we may bring in an animal for petting. The type of animal may vary depending on the age of those in the group and number in the tour.
- If your tour group is under the age of 18, we request that you have 1 chaperone for every 6 children minimum.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes.
Book a SFAHS Tour