Animal Kindness Art Show 2019Animal Kindness Art Show - April 14th - May 5th
Calling all ages! We are inviting you to get creative and help us spread the word about being kind to pets in our community! Artwork will be shown in the SFAHS adoption hallway for visitors and pets to admire and enjoy.
The art show provides a great opportunity for participants to really think about what it means to be kind to animals, and express their values in a creative way. They’ll have a wonderful time creating art that will be shown with pride for everyone to see!
To be entered into the contest portion of the show, please submit a $2 entry fee with your artwork. Any artwork that does not include a submission fee will still be displayed, but will not be entered into the judging to win a category.
Open to ages 2-16 years
Winners in the following categories:
Winners announced May 8th | Winners will be displayed in frames in our front office for 1 year!
- Best Overall
- Best Use of Color
- Most Creative
All other artwork will be in our adoption hallway.
Art Show Rules
Download the Application to include with your artwork here!
- Submissions must have Participant Application attached to the back with glue or tape. Do not paper clip to the back.
- Entries from students can be submitted by school teachers or as individuals
- Entries should be completed by individual children. Group artwork cannot be accepted.
- Artwork must be 8.5” x 11”.
- Inclusion in the art show is based on the discretion of SFAHS
- Entries must be original and free of copyright. No plagiarism, tracing, clip art or pre-illustrated computer art.
- To be considered for the contest, a $2 submission must be included with the artwork. Any submission that does not submit the fee will still be displayed, but will not be entered into the judging to win a category.
- Artwork may be submitted on paper. Any medium can be used to create your art piece including crayons, markers, pencil, or paint. You may use glue to add glitter, feathers, etc. to your piece.
- We ask for no digital or computer-created artwork for this art show, please.
- Your artwork must include an animal, and why it is important to be kind to animals or telling people to be kind to animals!