Pet Food Bank
What is the Pet Food Bank?
The Sioux Falls Area Humane Society's Pet Food Bank is a safety net program, designed to provide resources primarily to struggling pet owners. The food bank supplies pet food for families and individuals facing economic hardship.
One of the most common reasons for pet surrenders is financial difficulty, and our Pet Food Bank helps those struggling to provide for their beloved pets in their homes for short periods of time. If you utilize this program for a short period, this does not
affect your ability to adopt in the future.
SFAHS Pet Food Bank is entirely supported by community donations.
Do you need our help?
In order to help keep pets in their homes when their families are struggling financially, the Pet Food Bank is available to assist, with a monthly distribution. The Pet Food Bank can provide a household with food for up to 4 pets.Guidelines:
- To receive assistance, please visit our shelter and provide a valid photo id.
- You can receive assistance once every 30 days.
- We do not have the means to deliver. You must visit the SFAHS shelter to receive food.
- We cannot guarantee certain brands of pet food.
- We cannot guarantee assistance will be available if our Pet Food Bank shelves are empty. We will do our best to help you.
Look here to find information about our location and hours.
Want to help?
The SFAHS Pet Food Bank accepts donations of unexpired dog and cat food (wet or dry). Donations can be dropped off at the shelter. Food must be in the original bag and must not be expired. We cannot accept food that is outside of the original bag. If you are able to reseal with tape, that is very helpful!