Thank you for looking into joining our team!
If you would like to consider volunteering, we are always on the lookout for animal lovers willing to donate their time to the pets! Visit our volunteer page.
Humane Officer (FT) Kennel Assistants (FT and PT)
This Humane Officer role is a FT entry-level position that will assist and provide services in accordance with municipal contracts to meet the needs of SF and surrounding communities. Perform related duties that promote compliance with laws regulating animal treatment and welfare. Hours for this role typically are 1:00 pm-10:00 pm (hours vary depending on needs of department and coverage, rotating weekends plus on-call rotating weekends).
What you get to do!
Humane Treatment / Animal Control
- Apprehend, transport and lodge stray animals.
- Enforce animal control ordinances as specified in contracts with municipalities.
- Prepare documentation/reports as required.
- Transport animals as requested by the Vet staff.
- Set up housing for incoming animals: put the animal in a kennel; provide food, water, blanket; place in the system.
- Monitor all areas in the shelter to ensure a neat, clean environment at all times.
- Assist in euthanizing animals following established protocol.
Administration and Customer Service
- Document admittance and release as needed; document issues related to animal care.
- Enter calls in system daily, prepare a weekly report, and prepare monthly report to Executive Director regarding call log information.
- Maintain vehicle in proper/good working order; follow all driving laws and limits at all times
- Attend seminars and educational symposiums as directed by management.
- Educate public (one-on-one or groups) on animal care and laws.
- Establish a working relationship with Law Enforcement and assist when needed.
What you need (Qualifications):
* High School diploma/GED required, Associates degree preferred; Criminal justice degree or law enforcement experience required.
- Previous experience in a kennel, Animal Control, veterinary, law enforcement or similar environment.
- Must be at least age 21+ for this role.
- Valid SD driver’s license and ability to carry appropriate insurance.
- Must complete National Animal Control Association, Level I, training within first year of employment, if has not already done so.
- General understanding of South Dakota statutes that apply to animal neglect/cruelty.
- Must be able to deal professionally and tactfully with customers and staff at all times.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write concise reports and sound computer skills.
- Ability to work on-call on an evening and weekend schedule.
Full-time opportunity! Competitive compensation plus benefits! Fun work environment with a summer picnic, holiday parties, community events, volunteering, fundraising and of course a huge satisfaction providing great care for our "furry" friends.
Apply today at: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/496793?source=careerspage
Kennel Assistants (FT and PT)open all
At the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society, caring for animals isn't a job — it’s our passion. We are a professional, highly innovative team of people who share a love for animals, and we're dedicated to making a difference in their lives and the community we serve.
Interested in a career working to help animals in our community? Helping a pet go from homeless to loved is an incredible experience and a job like no other!
Now hiring an ambitious, reliable and dedicated Kennel Assistants to add to our team!
We are looking for team players to grow with our team and be flexible when there is a need. Must have excellent work history and attendance. Excellent customer service and computer skills. Shouldn’t be afraid to get messy as this job includes working directly with animals as well as washing and scrubbing kennels on a daily basis.
Primary responsibility will be cleaning and eventual training to evaluate animals. Our Kennel Staff are a very important part of our shelter team, for the cleanliness of the shelter and health of the animals. You will get to be a part of the process of helping homeless animals find a forever home; a job where you get to be a hero!
This position will be exposed to bleach on a regular basis, so it is important that you not have a bleach allergy.
The position will include weekends and some holidays. Day shift hours will vary between 7am-6pm+. FT and PT positions available.
*Must be 18 years or older.
Competitive compensation plus we offer some PT benefits, fun at work of course, events to attend, fur babies to love on and take care of - jeans day every day!
Apply today and take care of our furry family at https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/496787?source=careerspage